Custom Coats in NYC
Get The Overcoat that Never Overdoes It
A perfectly tailored coat accents the look of the professional man. The fashion statement doesn’t have to begin and end with the suit — extend it with one of Mohan’s Custom Tailors’ masterfully crafted custom jackets! Or, if the functionality is motivation, keep warm in the winter or fall with a uniquely styled fashion statement.
If you wear suits, a good overcoat is essential. Your North Face fleece jacket might be good for keeping you warm, but it simply doesn’t work in combination with a suit. We create quality men’s winter coats that will keep you warm and looking stylish for years to come. You can expect an overcoat from us to last as long as 20 years, which is quite a sound investment when you consider you’ll be able to wear it for a multitude of occasions.
- Single breast — The single-breasted overcoat is a classic look that will complement your height, no matter how tall you are. This single-breasted waistcoat is a more popular style than the double-breasted overcoat, as it is considered the less formal of the two.
- Double breast — The double-breasted overcoat had somewhat gone out of fashion in the last decade. However, in recent years, it has made a comeback. The double-breasted overcoat is considered to be more formal outerwear, perfect for attending special events such as a wedding or graduation, or if you just want to stand out from the crowd.
- Chesterfield — The Chesterfield overcoat features a single-breasted fly front, a short, notched lapel, and straight side pockets. It makes for a great business coat.
Coat fabrics we offer include:
- Camel hair — We source our camel hair from the Bactrian camel. In its native environment, the Bactrian camel endures temperatures between -40° F to 104° F. This makes its hair a great material for coats for men. 1
- 100% cashmere — Our 100% cashmere coats are both warm and incredibly soft. Cashmere coats need to be cared for regularly but can last you a lifetime.
- Wool — Wool is a very durable material for use on overcoats. If you want a coat that will give you a minimal amount of wear and tear, this type of outerwear is ideal for you. A heavy wool coat is the best choice when you want to make a stylistic investment that will last for a long time. 1
Our coats are not limited to any one particular size, either. Upon request, our tailors can design your bespoke overcoat in a variety of different lengths. Some of the different lengths our tailors can provide include:
- Traditional (mid-calf)
- Three-quarter length
- Modern (above the knee)
If you would like to keep warm in one of our custom-made jackets, contact us by calling (212) 697-0050. Our custom tailors can craft a men’s designer coat that is sure to fit you perfectly.
The Styles You Need, The Fit You Want
- Four Decades of Experience
- Comprehensive Suit Packages
- Superior Service for 40-50% Less
- Custom Tailored for the Perfect Fit
- Only the Finest Fabrics & Sewing Patterns