Process of Making Bespoke Suits
Over 25 Measurements Provides Best Fit Possible!
No other kind of suit can fit your contours and accentuate your attributes quite like a custom suit made by an experienced tailor. If you’re in any way daunted by the bespoke process, you shouldn’t be; the professionals at Mohan’s Custom Tailors are friendly, and our suits cost 40-50% less than other custom suits.
When creating a piece, we take over 25 measurements to provide the most precise fit possible. After you select the fabric and desired style of your garment, we get right to work. We start with cutting and creating the pattern requested. Then, we cut the cloth, add trimmings, put the garment together, and go through our comprehensive fitting process to ensure the most efficient fit obtainable. The entire crafting and delivery timeframe runs from just 4 to 5 weeks from the time we receive all measurements.
The bespoke process is fairly straight forward, and usually takes four or five weeks from start to finish. Here’s what will happen after you make an appointment at Mohan’s Custom Tailors:
1. Examine Fabrics: The first step involves browsing our 10,000+ fabrics from all over the world. We have fabrics from Ermenegildo Zegna, Versace, Vitale Barberis, and other top names.
2. Choose Style: You’ll also need to make a number of decisions regarding style. This includes the number of pockets, number of buttons, lapel size, and jacket vents.
3. Measurements: Next, an experienced tailor will take more than 25 measurements to ensure a precise fit. Your tailor may have you try on a canvas jacket as part of the measuring process.
4. Sent to Factory: Once you’ve made your choices and been fully measured, your fabrics, patterns, and measurements are brought together to create a handsome bespoke suit.
5. Final Adjustments: Four or five weeks later, you’ll come in for a final fitting. Once the appropriate alterations are made, you can take your suit home.
Mohan’s Custom Tailors has proudly served businessmen in New York City for over 40 years. We’ve also made suits for famous athletes, including Wilt Chamberlain and Patrick Ewing. If you’re looking for an attractive yet affordable custom suit that brings out your best features, set up an appointment with Mohan’s Custom Tailors.
The Styles You Need, The Fit You Want
- Four Decades of Experience
- Comprehensive Suit Packages
- Superior Service for 40-50% Less
- Custom Tailored for the Perfect Fit
- Only the Finest Fabrics & Sewing Patterns